Role of the EMTSA Strategic Group
The group was established in 2015 and was initially a development from the planning group of the first regional conference.
The purpose of the group is to:
- ‘Add value’ to the work of EMTSA.
- Provide a regionally representative decision making infrastructure, to utilise existing and secure additional resources for collaborative delivery.
- Build on a shared moral purpose and capitalise on collaboration, benefitting from economies of scale.
- Help to provide clarity and sustainability and to facilitate regional and local ‘join up’ to enable us to make a meaningful and sustainable impact on outcomes for learners.
- Ensure that improvement areas are effectively and strategically identified and that the right and timely support is given in areas where it is needed most.
- Provide a forum to exchange strategic and operational expertise and share learning.
- Achieve an infrastructure of enduring social capital.
- Enable the delivery of a framework of quality assurance, peer review, challenge and support and provide an accountability infrastructure.
- Develop mechanisms for demonstrating impact and securing financial support to support strategically identified priorities.
- Design new ways of working and explore practicalities for future delivery.
- Provide an infrastructure for networking with other stakeholders and stakeholder networks e.g. RSC , Ofsted, and EMSIG etc.
Membership of the group is limited to two representatives from each mini-region (LA area) plus the Regional TSC representative, EMTSA Network representative, Regional Strategy Co-ordinator and EMTSA Business Partner. The Regional Strategy Co-ordinator and Business Partner are role commissioned by EMTSA.
The two representatives, usually a head teacher and TSA Director, bring the consensus opinion of the TSAs in their mini-region and share any actions or updates from the meetings.
|Adrian Taylor||Derby City|
|Wendy Colebourne||Derby City|
|Jackie Gair||Leicester City|
|Rhian Richardson||Leicester City|
|Chris Wheatley||TSC Regional Rep|
|Helen Joy||EMTSA Network|
|Kate McKenna||Strategy Co-ordinator|
|Lynn Slinger||EMTSA Network|
|Mark Lambell||Business Support|
|Peter Chilvers||Business Support|
Group activities and terms of reference
The group has engaged in a number of activities since its formation in 2015. These include:
- Developing this portal
- Delivering the Regional Conference
- Co-ordinating SLE training
- Hosting a Women in Leadership network
- Planning and delivering programmes funded by the NCTL Regional Targeted Fund
- Co-ordinating School to School Support activity
- Forming the EMTS company